- 300,000 tickets at HALF PRICE on journeys across the east coast
- Avoid the Black Friday rush and grab a bargain as soon as Monday November 20
- Ditch the car or forget the plane and travel in style and comfort for less
Black Friday will come early for customers on Virgin Trains’ east coast on Monday November 20, when 300,000 discounted tickets, including 250,000 Standard and 50,000 First Class seats, go up for grabs for travel between January 6 and March 2, 2018*.
Whether it’s a weekend away in London as a post-Christmas treat with a loved one, or an escape to Edinburgh to ease the struggles of Blue Monday, ditch the car or forget the plane and travel in style and comfort along the east coast network for half the usual price.
Discounted fares include the below Advance Single tickets:
- Leeds to London (Standard Class normally from £16, now £8)
- Edinburgh to London (Standard class normally from £40, now £20)
- Newcastle to London (Standard Class normally from £36, now from £18)
- London to Leeds (Standard Class normally from £16, now from £8)
Suzanne Donnelly, Commercial Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “These fantastic deals offer our customers half price tickets to destination along our east coast network, giving them the opportunity to escape those January blues and get away to some of the beautiful locations on our route. We’re delighted to be offering our customers the chance to travel in style for less on our refurbished trains, which feature stylish new interiors and a touch of Virgin glamour for added customer comfort. Customers will also get to enjoy onboard Wi-Fi**, free movies, TV episodes, magazines and games on Beam, our onboard entertainment service, as well as a fantastic selection of food and drink treats from our Foodbar in Standard Class, and delicious menus curated by James Martin in First Class.”
Half price tickets will be available to book from 10:00 on November 20 2017 only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/sale.
Notes to Editors
*Terms & Conditions
- Book between 10:00 on Monday 20 November and 23:59 on Wednesday 22 November 2017 only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/sale
- Travel is from 06 January to 02 March 2018, excluding 10-18 February 2018 (inclusive) and 24-25 February 2018 (inclusive).
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services and connections only
- At least 300,000 of our lowest Advance tickets (250,000 Standard and 50,000 First Class) will be made available for across the travel period and are subject to availability
- Limited availability on peak services and Sundays
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards
- Full Virgin Trains East Coast Advance terms and conditions apply and can be found here www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/advance.
** Free with First Class tickets and, for Standard Class, when you book direct via www.virgintrainseastcoast.com
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested over £40m in our existing fleet, including £21m refurbishing the interiors and £16m towards improving the engines of our trains. Customers can now benefit from 42 additional services between Edinburgh and London every week, and an extra 22 Saturday services between Leeds and London – a total of 1.74 million additional seats since May 2016. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.