Enjoy a break to the east coast for less with Virgin Trains’ nifty 50 per cent seat sale
Whether it’s a late summer break or an autumn staycation that takes your fancy, look no further than Virgin Trains’ Nifty 50 per cent Summer Seat Sale for an excellent deal. Between Friday 12 and Thursday 18 August customers can bag discounts on selected advance tickets to destinations along the east coast.
With half a million discounted tickets up for grabs for travel between September 5 and November 4*, there’s never been a better time to enjoy a trip to Britain’s beautiful east coast. From stunning architecture in Edinburgh, to the rich tapestry of history in York, you can get to these and many more destinations along the route in style and comfort for less.
Discounted fares include the below Advance Single tickets:
- London King’s Cross to York Standard Class; originally from £19, now from £9.50
- London King’s Cross to Leeds Standard Class; originally from £14.50, now from £7.25
- London King’s Cross to Edinburgh Standard Class; originally from £25, now from £12.50
- Newcastle to Edinburgh Standard Class; originally from £10.10, now from £5.05
- York to Newcastle Standard Class; originally from £7.30, now from £3.65
- Peterborough to London King’s Cross Standard Class; originally from £11, now from £5.50
David Horne, Managing Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “Late summer and autumn are beautiful times to enjoy the east coast and with so many great destinations to visit we’re excited to be offering our customers the chance to get away for less. All our trains on the east coast are being given a makeover with stylish new interiors and a touch of Virgin glamour for added customer comfort. We’ve just passed the halfway point in our train refurbishment programme so our seat sale is a great way to give our customers more opportunity to travel in style. We’re sure tickets will sell out quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!”
Terms & Conditions
- Book between 00.01 on Friday 12 August and 23:59 on 18 August 2016 only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/nifty50 and thetrainline.com/sale
- *Valid on tickets travelling between 5 September to 4 November 2016, excluding 21-30 October 2016 (inclusive)
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services and connections only
- No pre-registration required
- At least 500,000 of our lowest Advance tickets (400,000 Standard and 100,000 First Class) will be made available across the travel period and are subject to availability
- Limited availability on peak services and at weekends
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards
- Full Virgin Trains East Coast Advance terms and conditions apply and can be found here www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/advance
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested £21m to completely revamp our existing fleet and customers can now benefit from 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.